Netgear WiFi range extenders are very helpful in extending the range of existing WiFi network and spreading it to hard-to-reach areas. But 4 out of 5 users face issues while connecting Netgear WiFi extender to their home network. If you are also facing issues while connecting Netgear extender to your home network, this post can help you out.
Prior to going through the tips given-below for connecting Netgear extender to your home WiFi network, make sure of the following:
- Netgear WiFi extender must be previously connected to the router’s WiFi network.
- Apart from this, Netgear extender must obtain a valid IP address.
Now, let’s get started with the process “how to connect Netgear extender to the home WiFi network”.
There are two ways through which you can connect Netgear WiFi extender to your home network.
- Connect via Ethernet.
- Connect via WiFi.
We will discuss both the ways of connecting Netgear extender to your home WiFi network one by one.
To connect Netgear WiFi range extender to your home network via Ethernet:
- Connect the Netgear extender into a working wall outlet near to your WiFi router.
- Launch a web browser on a computer or laptop.
- Type mywifiext.net into the web browser’s address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
The login page will display.
Enter the default username and password that you chose during Netgear extender setup process. If you have customized the extender’s username and password, use them.
Click on Log In or Done.
- Select Setup and click on Wireless Settings option.
- Locate the Security Options. Under them, verify that the value in the Password or the Network Key field matches your existing router password.
Once done, click on Apply to save the changes. On the off chance that the password does not match with your router password, change it right away.
Connect your router and WiFi devices to the Netgear extender and enjoy the internet speed in every corner of your house without any interruption.
Bonus Tip: Placing the Netgear extender and the WiFi router openly on a clean and higher shelf will definitely give you unexpected internet speed even in blind spots. Besides, place your devices away from public WiFi, Bluetooth speakers or devices, cordless phones, baby monitors, etc.
To connect Netgear range extender to your home network via WiFi:
- Firstly, locate the factory reset hole on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Push the reset hole on your Netgear device with the help of thin, clean, and pointed object.
- Keep holding the reset hole for a couple of seconds and then release it.
Your Netgear range extender resets successfully.
- Now, connect your Netgear extender to the router’s WiFi network.
- Open a computer, laptop or a mobile device and launch a web browser in it.
- Type www.mywifiext.net into the web browser’s address bar.
- Press Enter.
Netgear extender login page displays.
Enter the extender’s default username and password. If you have personalized the extender’s login details, use them instead of the default ones.
- Click on Log In.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to connect your Netgear extender to your home WiFi network.
Note: If the web address mywifiext not working for you, use the default Netgear extender IP address.
Bonus Tip: Updating Netgear extender’s firmware (whenever available) will help you in getting the most out of your device and take you internet experience to the next level.
In this way, you can easily connect your Netgear extender to your home network. We hope that the 2 easy ways given in this post have helped you out? In the event that you got stuck at any step and need immediate technical assistance, reach out to us via comments. We are 24×7 available to help you.